Marrakesh Vegetable Curry
Frozen Curried Vegetables Ingredients
* 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
* 1 medium eggplant, cubed
* 1 green bell pepper, chopped
* 1 red bell pepper, chopped
* 2 carrots, chopped
* 1 onion, chopped
* 6 tablespoons olive oil
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
* 1 tablespoon curry powder
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 3/4 tablespoon sea salt
* 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
* 1/4 cup blanched almonds
* 1 zucchini, sliced
* 2 tablespoons raisins
* 1 cup orange juice
* 10 ounces spinach
Frozen Curried Vegetables Instructions
1. In a large Dutch oven place sweet potato, eggplant, peppers, carrots, onion, and three tablespoons oil. Saute over medium heat for 5 minutes.
2. In a medium saucepan place 3 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, turmeric, curry powder, cinnamon, salt and pepper and saute over medium heat for 3 minutes.
3. Pour garlic and spice mixture into the Dutch oven with vegetables in it. Add the garbanzo beans, almonds, zucchini, raisins, and orange juice. Simmer 20 minutes, covered.
4. Add spinach to pot and cook for 5 more minutes. Serve!
Labels: frozen curried vegetables