Frozen Curried Vegetables Ingredients
- 2 to 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- salt to taste
- 5 green chillies, seeded and chopped
- 200g (7 oz) raw peeled prawns
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 bag prepared stir-fry vegetables
- handful fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 2 cherry tomatoes, chopped - to serve
Frozen Curried Vegetables Instructions
First of all heat the oil in a large frying pan on medium high heat. Add the onion, turmeric, chilli powder, garam masala, salt and green chillies and stir till onions turn crispy brown, about 3 minutes.
Add the prawns to the frying pan, stirring well, and cook for another 5 minutes. Add the water and stir to release any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. And then add the vegetables and mix well, then cook covered for 3 minutes. Add coriander and cook covered for a further 1 to 2 minutes, until vegetables are tender and prawns are opaque.
Next is to serve on a platter with the chopped cherry tomatoes on top for garnish. Best eaten with boiled rice or naan. Enjoy the curried vegetables !