Curried Vegetable Soup
Frozen Curried Vegetables Ingredients
* 3 cups cauliflower florets
* 1 14-oz. can unsweetened coconut milk
* 1 14-oz. can vegetable or chicken broth
* 1 Tbsp. curry powder
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
* 2 cups frozen baby peas-vegetable blend
* 2 pita bread rounds, cut into wedges (optional)
* 1 Tbsp. olive oil (optional)
* Fresh cilantro sprigs and crushed red pepper (optional)
Frozen Curried Vegetables INSTRUCTIONS
1. Heat broiler. In Dutch oven combine cauliflower, coconut milk, broth, curry powder, and the 1/4 cup cilantro. Bring to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, 10 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. Stir in frozen vegetable blend. Cook, uncovered, until heated through. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
2. Meanwhile, place pita wedges on baking sheet. Brush both sides with oil. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon curry powder. Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat for 4 minutes, turning once, until golden. Serve soup with pita wedges. Sprinkle with cilantro and red pepper. The frozen curried vegetables is ready to makes 4 servings....enjoy !
Labels: frozen curried vegetables